|B.C. Fiddle ‘Treat
|Gavin Lake Registration
REGISTER now to join in the fun at this Camp. From Novice to Advanced, our Camp provides instruction by top notch instructors for improving fiddle, guitar and piano keyboard skills. Included are Jam sessions, a variety of workshops on interesting related topics as well as evening entertainment and family dancing every night!
INSTRUCTORS will be Daniel Lapp, Gordon Stobbe and JJ Guy with more instructors being added as they confirm and will be updated on this web site
CAMP SCHEDULE includes class instruction for fiddle, guitar and piano keyboard for NOVICE, LOW INTERMEDIATE, HIGH INTERMEDIATE, and ADVANCED students. Students must have their own fiddle, guitar or keyboard.
Daily WORKSHOPS are scheduled for all to attend. These are interesting topics that expand your learning experience. NEW THIS YEAR will be a workshop with an experienced percussionist.
Daily JAMS, both slow and fast, each are chaired by an instructor- a must for all abilities to attend. Bring along any other instruments that you brought to camp and play along at jams sessions or other entertainment segments of the week.
EVENING ENTERTAINMENT every night are treats that all must attend – an instructors concert, the famous Gavin Lake Radio show and ending the week with the Final Student Concert. The very popular Family Dance for all ages tops off each night with an orchestra of instructors and students and a dance floor filled with enthusiastic dancers.
Send one form for each registrant. More information is on the Registration Form including price – check it out!
Phone Jean at 250-992-5081 if you have any questions.
Payment will be made by e-transfer or cheque once it is confirmed that you are registered.
All registrations will be recorded on a first come, first serve basis and once 150 registrants have been reached, you will be notified that your registrations become a WAIT LIST.
All registrants must be prepared for CAMPING only, including bringing your own food -there will be no meals available except for Instructors and staff. We have a large walk-in cooler so arrangements can be made to assist campers with storage of perishable items.
- Refreshments and snacks that are offered will be for ALL campers and you are invited to join in for coffee breaks. A never-ending supply of coffee and tea will be available to all.
- Camp has excellent well water and is available for all to use – fill up your container at the stand pipe in camp.
- There is a main shower house and toilet facilities
- Cabins will be used as classrooms and instructor accomodation.
- Lots of room to pitch a tent, drive in with motorhome or pulling a trailer, there is room for all. Sites are unmarked and your rig must be fully self contained.
- There will be a Life Guard and a First Aide Attendant. Swimming times will be posted. Canoes, paddles and life jackets are available to be used after being cleared for safety by the lifeguard.
- There is a boardwalk to check out that goes partially around the lake.
- Fishing too in your spare time.
- No Smoking at Camp
- Pets must be on a leash at all times
- No cellphone service available – limited service may be available at the highway.
- The Camp Manager has a satellite phone for use only in Emergencies.