Branch # 17 North Island
Some Branches have their own websites with more information on it. Check out the Branch 17 website at:
Although concentrated in the Comox Valley and Campbell River, the “North Island branch” is large geographically, covering the area from Quallicum to the Northern Tip of Vancouver Island.
A modern 4 lane highway connects both ferry terminals at Nanaimo with the Comox Valley and Campbell River.
- 51 members with 20 very active members
Regular meetings / Jams
- Meetings /jam sessions, are held the 3rd Sunday of the month at the Fallen Alders Hall Royston BC at 1:30 PM
- Branch 17 holds a dance at 1:30 PM, on the 4th Sunday of each month at the Fallen Alders Hall, except for the summer months and Christmas.
- We are a very active club with two and sometimes three play dates each week at senior’s care homes, hospitals, as well as special functions around the Comox Valley.
- Glen Hiebert 250-336-8302
BCOTFA Branch #17
P.O. Box 3113
Executive for 2015:
President – Glen Hiebert
Vice President – Edie Gark
Secretary – Alice Doherty
Treasurer – Lorraine Hiebert
Directors: Dave Gark, Charles Kucey, Rod McMillan, Jean Engdahl,
- 2016 JAMBOREE
Branch #17 is planning on holding our 8th Annual Jamboree April 22 & 23 at the Fallen Alders Hall, 3595 Royston Road , this year we have changed our format and on Friday nite we will be featuring Ed Peekeekoot, Time is 7pm and our Branch 17 and any other fiddlers who are attending from our neighbouring clubs will open for Ed, the tickets price is 10 dollars and we ask that you purchase in advance as the hall is not that big and Ed is a good entertainer so tickets will go fast. The next morning the hall will be open early and you can come in a join one of the Workshops we will have, registration for the Jamboree will be from 11.30 to 12.30 and off we go with the talented entertainers, each doing their choice for 15 minutes or three songs. Admission to the afternoon is 5 dollars & entertainers free, we will have snacks and 50-50 draws, door prizes and then a supper break and then it is a real down home dance with all the musicians pitching in to get the floor filled with dancers.
- more information call Glen 250-336-8302 or Edie at 250-287-4220