Branch # 18 Comox Valley – Funtime Fiddlers
The Comox Valley Funtime Fiddlers Branch #18 is located in the Comox Valley, on central Vancouver Island and include the communities of Courtenay, Comox, Cumberland, Merville and Black Creek and has a population of 62, 326. In addition to this, the club has members who come from as far south as Parksville and as far north as Campbell River.
The Funtime Fiddlers Branch #18 was started in the fall of 2007 and ratified at the BCOTFA annual general meeting in Abbotsford in May of 2008. We have members ranging in age from 5 to 96 and are active at many different locales around the area playing for dances, shows, private parties and fundraisers.
One of our main goals is to promote and encourage old time fiddling among young people. From the proceeds of our dances, we present young people with bursaries for camps, workshops and contests.
If you are travelling in our area please contact us as an ad-hock jam can always be arranged!
- Over 50 members
Regular meetings / Jams
- Bi-weekly jams with Fiddlejam and Branch #18 are held at St. George’s United Church in Courtenay on Tuesdays from 7:00-9:00 p.m., September to April.
- President Craig Freeman – email@example.com
- Secretary Vacant
Executive for 2014:
- President – Craig Freeman
- Vice-President – Vacant
- Treasurer –
- Secretary – Vacant
- Directors – Rod McMillan, Julie Fox, Xander Olacker, Richard Sander, Bob Cybulski
- Monthly Contra dances at Merville Hall on the third Saturday of each month from 7:00-10:00 p.m., September to May
- 2014 FIDDLE FEST
- Fiddle Fest is a two day fiddle festival usually held on a weekend in early spring. TO BE CONFIRMED BY THE BRANCH STILL.
- For more information on Branch 18 Comox Valley, visit their website at:
- None Planned at this Time.