Branch # 3 Quesnel
Quesnel has a population of 8,000 people and is located on Highway 97 at the confluence of the Quesnel and Fraser Rivers. It is both 119 km south of Prince George and 119 km north of Williams Lake. Downtown Quesnel is bridge-dependent as it lies on a rounded piece of land between the two rivers. During the gold rushes of the 1850 era the miners left the Fraser to start their walk to Barkerville and Williams Creek.
Today Quesnel is a major lumber, pulp, commercial and service center for the North Caribou.
- Our membership is now sitting at 25
Regular meetings / Jams
- Jams/Practices are Thursday evenings at the Legion Beach in the summer and Thursday afternoons at Jean Moorecraft’s in the winter.
- It is still open to all musicians, members and guests.
- Jean Gelinas,
- 292 Doherty Dr.
- Quesnel B. C. V2J 1B5
- (250) 992-5081
- Direct E-Mail Contact Jean Gelinas
Executive for 2016:
- President – Rosemarie Way
- Vice-President – Hans Brinkert
- Treasurer – Jean Gelinas
- Secretary – Jean Gelinas
- Directors: Romley Goulet, Rob Lowe, Janice Meyer
- Eva Amundsen, Louise Breland, Ray Plamondon
Special Events – Dances
- 2017 Dance Dates: Feb 4, Mar 11, Apr 1, May 6, June 6, Nov 4, Dec 2, Dec 31 all in the Legion Hall.
- Fiddle Contest, Dinner and Dance – Oct 6-7 Legion Hall
BC FIDDLE ‘TREAT- 2017 DATES ARE MONDAY JULY 24- SUNDAY JULY 30 at Gavin Lake. Visit our website- BC FIDDLE ‘TREAT for full details.