Kelowna is one of the most livable cities in Canada. In the recent Canada Pulse survey, 90% of residents reported “My city is a great place to live.”
The Orchard Park Mall (the largest in the Interior of B.C.), has more than 150 retail outlets . With an average of 2,000 hours of sunshine and 13 inches of precipitation, the Okanagan is the “Arizona of Canada.” Orchard Blossom Time:Mid-April to mid-May. Picking Times: Cherries-July; Apricots-Late July; Peaches & Pears-Late August; Apples-September and October
Kelowna is home to more than 127,000 people.
The Central Okanagan Regional District has a population of 167,000.
Kelowna is 344 metres (1,129 feet) above sea level.
Okanagan Lake is 110 km long.
The average daytime high during July and August is 27.4 C.
The average daytime high during December and January is -0.3 C. The average low is -7.7 C.
Kelowna receives over 2,000 hours of sunshine annually and 28 cm of rain.
The new W.R. Bennett Bridge is five lanes in width and almost 1063 meters in length. It remains the only floating bridge in Canada.
Kelowna General Hospital largest and most comprehensive in the southern interior of B.C. with a full treatment cancer clinic.
- 47 members 32 Musicians and 20 fiddlers
- The Schedule for jams and practices has changed to the following and you can check by calling 250 717 8432 before coming.
- We’re making changes in our Activities so expect changes once we’re back with the Rutland Activity Centre. First Thursday of the month 7 to 9:00 PM at the Seniors Activity Center in Rutland.
- There is also a Sunday Jam on the third Sunday of the month from 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM.
- Each Tuesday we have a “learning session” and/or Jam that starts at 7:00 PM and open to all.
- There is a Fiddlin’ For Fun session from 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM at the Rutland Activity Centre. The purpose of this session is to work with children who would like to learn some fiddle music and we focus on Waltz, Jig and Reel as well as some novelty tunes. Outside of the school students, young and old, are also welcome and a $2 drop in fee is requested.
PO Box 20111 TCM,
Kelowna, BC, V1Y 9H2
Special Events Dance every 3rd Friday of the months September to May from 7:30 PM at the Rutland Senior Activity Centre, except December or when conflicting with a Stat Holiday
We will be having a Fiddle Fest in 2019 and Scott Woods will be coming. Details will be posted once we have them.
Registration will take place Friday before the Concert and Saturday Morning.
There will be Saturday morning workshops and Afternoon contest.
- Pre Registration
Friday, May 31, 2019
- Concert: 7:00 PM
- Featuring Scott Woods
- Workshops – 9AM til 11:00 AM
- Fiddle Contest: ONE round only, starts at 1:00
- Jam with the Pros after the contest (Lots of space for dancing as well)
- Place: Rutland Centennial Hall, 180 N Rutland Road, Kelowna, BC
- For more details, see the Kelowna Branch #7 website – Contest Page.
Date, September , 2019
BBQ at Mission Creek Park 3:00 PM
December 7, 2018 TBA
Branch #7 Christmas Party. Dinner starts at 6:00PM
Executive for 2018
President: Irene McAvena Vice Pres.: Vic Ukrainetz Treasurer: Karen Omit Secretary: Lynn Tribe
1 Yr. – Mabel Babcock, Wayne Angman, Russ Gerrie
2Yr. – John Tribe, Smiley Barnhart, Carol Jenson