!!!NEW!!!Calendar of Events: http://www.kamloopsbcoldtimefiddlers.myevent.com/
Kamloops with a population of 85,000 lies at the end of the Coquihalla Highway some 200 km north from Hope.
The city lies in the Thompson River Valley at the confluence of the North and South Thompson Rivers. Established as a fur trading centre in 1812, it served multiple purposes including a main rail centre for the Canadian Pacific Railway from 1886. The city was incorporated in 1893 and home to 1000 people.
- Approximately 75 members (includes 18 musicians)
- Held four times a year at Heritage House, 100 Lorne Street, Riverside Park. Members are contacted in advance of meeting dates.
- Practice Sessions held every Tuesday evening – 7:-9:00 PM from September 13, 2016 to May 30, 2017 (except for April 11/17) in the lower lounge of Heritage House, 100 Lorne Street in Kamloops. Everyone playing an instrument is welcome (fiddles, guitars, mandolins, etc.)
- Musician’s Jams once a month on Sunday evening – 7-9:00 PM upper level of Heritage House, 100 Lorne Street – Sept 25th, Oct 30th, Nov 27th, 2016; in 2017, January 29th, Feb 26th, March 26th, April 30th, May 28th. Everyone is welcome & a piano is available.
- Florence Tellier, Secretary-Treasurer – phone # 250-376-2330
- Dances on the first Saturday of the month until May 6 (with the exception of December when there will be a Christmas Dinner/Dance at Desert Gardens.) Everyone is welcome. Call 250-376-2330 for more info or just show up!
- Annual Campout/Jamboree held on the Father’s Day weekend each year at Grandview Lodge. Call 250-376-2330 for more info.
- GORDON STOBBE & JJ GUY are coming to Kamloops again on March 21st – watch for further info or contact Florence @ 250-376-2330.
THE KAMLOOPS BRANCH DOES NOT HAVE PLANS FOR A FIDDLE CONTEST IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
Executive for 2016:
- President – Jackie Davis 250-319-3680
- Vice-President – Vacant
- Secretary-Treasurer – Florence Tellier
- Directors – Stephanie Clow, Marj Millman, Betty Tasko, Colin Mahoney, Pat Benson & Dave Lynn.
- Membership–Jackie Davis
- Sunshine–Betty Tasko 250-372-2809.