!!!NEW!!!Calendar of Events: http://www.kamloopsbcoldtimefiddlers.myevent.com/
Kamloops with a population of 85,000 lies at the end of the Coquihalla Highway some 200 km north from Hope.
The city lies in the Thompson River Valley at the confluence of the North and South Thompson Rivers. Established as a fur trading centre in 1812, it served multiple purposes including a main rail centre for the Canadian Pacific Railway from 1886. The city was incorporated in 1893 and home to 1000 people.
- Approximately 70 members (includes 18 musicians)
- Held four times a year at Heritage House, 100 Lorne Street, Riverside Park. Members are contacted in advance of meeting dates.
- Practice Sessions held every Tuesday evening – 7:-9:00 PM from September 12, 2017 to May 29, 2018 (except for Dec. 12, 19 & 26) in the lower lounge of Heritage House, 100 Lorne Street in Kamloops. Everyone playing an instrument is welcome (fiddles, guitars, mandolins, etc.) No charge to join the session.
- Florence Tellier, Secretary-Treasurer – phone # 250-376-2330
- Dances on Nov 4, Dec 2 (Christmas Dinner/Dance), Jan 6, 2018 & Feb 3 will be held at the Brock Activity Centre, 9A-1800 Tranquille Road from 7:30 to 10:00 PM. Members $ 6.00, non-members $ 10.00 at the door. Memberships are available from Jackie or Florence at the dances. For more info call 250-376-2330.
THE KAMLOOPS BRANCH IS PLANNING AN OLD TIME FIDDLE CONTEST FOR SEPTEMBER 8, 2018.
Executive for 2017:
- President – Jackie Davis 250-319-3680
- Vice-President – Vacant
- Secretary-Treasurer – Florence Tellier
- Directors – Stephanie Clow, Marj Millman, Betty Tasko, , Pat Benson, Dave Lynn & Herman Kovacs.
- Membership–Jackie Davis
Sunshine–Betty Tasko 250-372-2809.