!!!NEW!!!Calendar of Events: http://www.kamloopsbcoldtimefiddlers.myevent.com/
Kamloops with a population of 85,000 lies at the end of the Coquihalla Highway some 200 km north from Hope.
The city lies in the Thompson River Valley at the confluence of the North and South Thompson Rivers. Established as a fur trading centre in 1812, it served multiple purposes including a main rail centre for the Canadian Pacific Railway from 1886. The city was incorporated in 1893 and home to 1000 people.
- Approximately 75 members (includes 18 musicians)
- Held four times a year at Heritage House, 100 Lorne Street, Riverside Park. Members are contacted in advance of meeting dates.
- Practice Sessions: Held on the fourth Sunday of the months from October to March at Heritage House. Also practice sessions held at 45 Hudson Bay Trail (see Calendar for dates or call 250-376-2330). There will also be “Musicians Practicing Specific Tunes” Tues. evenings, lower level Heritage House, every Tues at 7:00 PM from Sept 29 to Apr 26 with the exception of April 12 & the month of December. All musicians are welcome.
- Florence Tellier, Secretary-Treasurer – phone # 250-376-2330
- Next dance is April 2, 7:30 PM at Heritage House, 100 Lorne St. Everyone is welcome. Call 250-376-2330 for more info or just show up!
- Annual Campout/Jamboree June 17, 18, 19 at Grandview Lodge. Call 250-376-2330 for more info.
THE KAMLOOPS BRANCH DOES NOT HAVE PLANS FOR A FIDDLE CONTEST IN 2015.
Executive for 2016:
- President – Jackie Davis 250-319-3680
- Vice-President – Vacant
- Secretary-Treasurer – Florence Tellier
- Directors – Stephanie Clow, Marj Millman, Betty Tasko, Colin Mahoney, Pat Benson & Dave Lynn.
- Membership–Jackie Davis
- Sunshine–Betty Tasko 250-372-2809.