Quesnel has a population of 8,000 people and is located on Highway 97 at the confluence of the Quesnel and Fraser Rivers. It is both 119 km south of Prince George and 119 km north of Williams Lake. Downtown Quesnel is bridge-dependent as it lies on a rounded piece of land between the two rivers. During the gold rushes of the 1850 era the miners left the Fraser to start their walk to Barkerville and Williams Creek.
Today Quesnel is a major lumber, pulp, commercial and service center for the North Cariboo.
- Our membership is now sitting at 25
Regular meetings / Jams
- Jams/Practices are Wednesday afternoon It is open to all musicians, members and guests.
- Quesnel Old Time Fiddlers
- Box 4017
- Quesnel B. C. V2J 3J2
- (250) 992-5081
Executive for 2023:
- PRESIDENT: Janice Meyer
- VICE PRESIDENT: Rosemarie Way
- SECRETARY: Gloria Weber
- TREASURER: Jean Gelinas
- DIRECTORS: Paul Mednis, Edna Lansdowne, Debbie Harrington
Special Events –
B.C. Fiddle ‘Treat 2023 at Gavin Lake BC
July 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 2023