Branch # 3 Quesnel
Quesnel has a population of 8,000 people and is located on Highway 97 at the confluence of the Quesnel and Fraser Rivers. It is both 119 km south of Prince George and 119 km north of Williams Lake. Downtown Quesnel is bridge-dependent as it lies on a rounded piece of land between the two rivers. During the gold rushes of the 1850 era the miners left the Fraser to start their walk to Barkerville and Williams Creek.
Today Quesnel is a major lumber, pulp, commercial and service center for the North Caribou.
- Our membership is now sitting at 25
Regular meetings / Jams
- Jams/Practices are Thursday afternoon at Jean Moorecraft’s home. It is open to all musicians, members and guests.
- Quesnel Old Time Fiddlers
- Box 4017
- Quesnel B. C. V2J 3J2
- (250) 992-5081
Executive for 2019:
- President – Rosemarie Way
- Vice-President – Hans Brinkert
- Treasurer – Jean Gelinas
- Secretary – Jean Gelinas
- Directors: Romley Goulet, Janice Meyer
- Special Events – Dances
- 2019 Dance Dates: Feb 2, Mar 2, Apr 6, May 4, June 1, Nov 2, Dec 7, Dec 31 all in the Legion Hall.
- 49th ANNUAL FIDDLE CONTEST DINNER AND DANCE OCT 4-5 LEGION HALL
BC FIDDLE ‘TREAT- 2019 DATES ARE SATURDAY JULY 27 TO FRIDAY AUG 2 at Gavin Lake. Visit our website- BC FIDDLE ‘TREAT for full details.