FIDDLE FEST 2022 HAS BEEN PLANNED FOR
SEPT. 3ish 2022
This event is still in the early planning stages
Kelowna is one of the most livable cities in Canada. In the recent Canada Pulse survey, 90% of residents reported “My city is a great place to live.”
The Orchard Park Mall (the largest in the Interior of B.C.), has more than 150 retail outlets . With an average of 2,000 hours of sunshine and 13 inches of precipitation, the Okanagan is the “Arizona of Canada.” Orchard Blossom Time:Mid-April to mid-May. Picking Times: Cherries-July; Apricots-Late July; Peaches & Pears-Late August; Apples-September and October
Kelowna area is home to more than 200,000 people.
The Central Okanagan Regional District has a population of 211,000.
Kelowna is 344 metres (1,129 feet) above sea level.
Okanagan Lake is 110 km long.
The average daytime high during July and August is 27.4 C.
The average daytime high during December and January is -0.3 C. The average low is -7.7 C.
Kelowna receives over 2,000 hours of sunshine annually and 28 cm of rain.
The new W.R. Bennett Bridge is five lanes in width and almost 1063 meters in length. It remains the only floating bridge in Canada.
Kelowna General Hospital largest and most comprehensive in the southern interior of B.C. with a full treatment cancer clinic.
- 43 members 30 Musicians and 20 fiddlers
- The Schedule for jams and practices has changed to the following and you can check by calling 250 717 8432 before coming.
- There is Jam/Practice on each Wednesday of the month from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Except in June July and August.
- Monthly Dance is on the third Friday from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
- There is a Fiddlin’ For Fun session 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM (followed by the practice) at the Rutland Activity Centre. The purpose of this session is to work with children and learning adults who would like to learn some fiddle music and we focus on Waltz, Jig and Reel as well as some novelty tunes.
PO Box 20111 TCM,
Kelowna, BC, V1Y 9H2
Guest artists are TBA
Event will held at TBA
- Pre Registration
Friday, June 12, 2022
- We’re planning a picnic
December ?, 2021
Branch #7 Christmas Party. Dinner doors usually open at 5:30 PM TBA
Executive for 2019
President: Heather Bartel Vice Pres.:Carol Jenson Secretary/Treasurer: Lynn Tribe
1 Yr. –Dave Brama, Dave Hughes, Vic Ukrainetz
2Yr. – Irene McAvena, Doreen Rail, John Tribe