FIDDLE FEST 2020 HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Kelowna is one of the most livable cities in Canada. In the recent Canada Pulse survey, 90% of residents reported “My city is a great place to live.”
The Orchard Park Mall (the largest in the Interior of B.C.), has more than 150 retail outlets . With an average of 2,000 hours of sunshine and 13 inches of precipitation, the Okanagan is the “Arizona of Canada.” Orchard Blossom Time:Mid-April to mid-May. Picking Times: Cherries-July; Apricots-Late July; Peaches & Pears-Late August; Apples-September and October
Kelowna area is home to more than 200,000 people.
The Central Okanagan Regional District has a population of 211,000.
Kelowna is 344 metres (1,129 feet) above sea level.
Okanagan Lake is 110 km long.
The average daytime high during July and August is 27.4 C.
The average daytime high during December and January is -0.3 C. The average low is -7.7 C.
Kelowna receives over 2,000 hours of sunshine annually and 28 cm of rain.
The new W.R. Bennett Bridge is five lanes in width and almost 1063 meters in length. It remains the only floating bridge in Canada.
Kelowna General Hospital largest and most comprehensive in the southern interior of B.C. with a full treatment cancer clinic.
- 40 members 30 Musicians and 20 fiddlers
- The Schedule for jams and practices has changed to the following and you can check by calling 250 717 8432 before coming.
- There is Jam on the third Sunday of the month from 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM. Except in November, January and February it become a dance.
- Monthly Dance is on the third Friday from 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM except November, January and February when there is a jam from 7 to 9 PM.
- There is a Fiddlin’ For Fun session on the First Wednesday of the month from 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM (followed by the practice) at the Rutland Activity Centre. The purpose of this session is to work with children and learning adults who would like to learn some fiddle music and we focus on Waltz, Jig and Reel as well as some novelty tunes. Outside of the school students, young and old, are also welcome and a $2 drop in fee is requested.
PO Box 20111 TCM,
Kelowna, BC, V1Y 9H2
Guest artists are Mark Sullivan and Mike Sanyshyn
Fiddle Fest event will held at Rutland Centennial Hall (Was 180 Rutland Road —Now same place but new street address) more details will be posted once we have them.
Registration will take place Friday before the Concert and Saturday Morning.
There will be Saturday morning workshops and Afternoon contest.
- Pre Registration
Friday, June 5, 2020
- Concert: 7:00 PM
- Workshops – 9AM til 11:00 AM
- Fiddle Contest: ONE round only, starts at 1:00
- Place: Rutland Centennial Hall, 180 N Rutland Road, Kelowna, BC
- For more details, see the Kelowna Branch #7 website – Contest Page.
December 6, 2019
Branch #7 Christmas Party. Dinner doors open at 5:30 PM
Executive for 2019
President: Heather Bartel Vice Pres.: John Tribe Treasurer: Karen Omit Secretary: Lynn Tribe
1 Yr. – Irene McAvena, Carol Fox, Mabel Babcock
2Yr. – Vic Ukrainetz, Wayne Angman, Carol Jenson